Friday, June 26, 2009

RED an exhibition by Penny Siopis

Unfortunately i haven't been in the studio as much as I had hoped this week! However was very fortunate to have attended the exhibtion opening of Penny Siopis' latest exhibtion at the KZNSA, Durban, South Africa. Titled: RED THE ICONOGRAPHY OF COLOUR IN THE WORK OF PENNY SIOPIS. http://www.nsagallery.co.za/current_main.htm

It was an exhibition that came at a perfect time for me as I am studying some of her work for my dissertation. What made the exhibition interesting was that it was a selection of work which was not limited by its time period but rather by its use of the colour red. It was amazing to see all these different series together and in the flesh.

Siopis did a walkabout on Thursday 25th June which was very informative and gave everyone a chance to converse casually with the artist about the work. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Some examples of Penny Siopis's work include:






No comments:

Post a Comment